The Best Weighted Softballs and Baseballs for Pitching and Hitting
A large part of your success on the baseball or softball diamond is dependent on your training, practice and work ethic. However, the quality of your equipment and training tools ultimately shapes your skill level and performance on the diamond. In other words, you need the best weighted softballs or baseballs on the market to stand a chance of developing your true potential.
When used correctly, your weighted baseball or softball will play a vitally important role in your development. Similar to donuts added to baseball bats that force players to practice their swing with additional weight, training with weighted baseballs and softballs make it that much easier to use transition to regular baseballs or softballs.
Weighted balls are made with cork rubber and subsequently wound with high-quality leather so they stand the test of time. However, choosing the best weighted softball or baseball is difficult as there are all sorts of different training balls on the market. Below, we provide an in-depth look at the best weighted softballs and baseballs on the market.
Top Rated Weighted Baseballs
Pinty's 2.8" baseball practice training balls weigh 16 ounces. These balls have a PVC shell along with a filling comprised of iron sand. The baseballs have a diameter of 2.8 inches. These balls are sold in a pack of half a dozen.
- Just the right amount of weight necessary to bolster muscle strength
- Corrects all sorts of mistakes
- Built to stand the test of time thanks to its durable shell and iron sand
- This practice ball is heavier than a regular baseball so it doesn’t pose any safety risk
- Weight determined by scientific analysis to ensure feedback in real-time for prompt adjustments
- Helps hitters improve their power and accuracy
Featuring a bright red hue, these weighted baseballs are certainly eye-catching. You’ll be able to see the ball’s path as it moves through the air thanks to the light hue, ultimately making it that much easier to adjust your swing as necessary.
This set of McHom weighted baseballs consists of nine total balls. The balls have bright colors including light green, yellow and red. Each weighted ball features the company's logo along with its weight. McHom's weighted baseballs and softballs for batting, hitting, pitching and general training are available in weights between 12 ounces and 20 ounces. These practice balls can be used for either baseball or softball.
- Weighted balls of different weights enhance muscle memory
- Makes it easier to establish the optimal follow through when hitting or pitching
- The weighted balls’ covers are flexible and thick, meaning they can endure years of use
- This is the optimal warm-up tool for hitting and pitching, ensuring your team is ready for the action
- The balls provide feedback in real-time along with just the right level of resistance so batters can get a better sense of their swing mechanics
Give McHom’s weighted practice baseballs or softballs a try and you will agree they help improve your baseball skills or those of your loved ones. These weighted balls really do help you develop the best possible technique thanks to their different weights.
If you or the tween or teen in your family want to develop the proper technique for baseball or softball batting, pitching or throwing, give the PowerNet weighted balls a try. These weighted balls are helpful for both hitting and throwing in spite of the fact the word “hitting” is used in the product title.
- The progressive weight system adds to ever-improving technique development. Begin with the light ball, progress upward to the heaviest and you will establish the ideal follow-through
- Helps develop muscle groups for the movements required for pitching and hitting
- Instant feedback provides insight into how the proper hitting technique improves ball trajectory and distance
PowerNet’s weighted hitting balls are used by professional baseball players as well as those at the collegiate and high school levels. In fact, some pro players such as Andrelton Simmons and German Marquez have even endorsed these balls.
These training balls help both baseball and softball players enhance their skills. Give these balls a try and you will find they really do improve player fundamentals for pitching and hitting.
- 16 ounce balls made with a soft yet sturdy rubber shell
- Safe for players of all ages and skill levels
- The balls are available in a 6-pack so your team can practice together
- The exterior rubber shell is heavy duty so it will endure thousands of practice sessions without falling apart
These weighted balls slow the pitching and batting movements to zero in on areas for improvement. This is exactly what you need to correct the mistakes with your swing or pitching motion.
If you are struggling on the mound or are the parent of a baseball or softball player who wants to increase his or her arm strength, try these weighted sand balls. Though sand might seem like an odd choice for a weighted ball filler, it does the job to perfection.
- Helpful for improving performance on the mound and the rest of the diamond
- Improves arm strength as time progresses
- Lovely neon hues make it easy to see the balls even if the sun is setting
- Authentic material and official size of 9 inches in circumference so they replicate actual baseballs
- The balls have a leather cover along with raised seams and a precisely weighted core
- Available in four weights of 12 ounces, 10 ounces, 8 ounces and 6 ounces
Perfect for warming up and strength training, this set of four weighted balls can be used by players of every age and skill level. These balls are optimal for pre-game warmups and also as a component of an overarching baseball training program.
This weighted ball training set makes it surprisingly easy for baseball and softball players to enhance their performance. Train with these carefully weighted balls and you will find your velocity increases in actual game play. Make the transition from the Champro to an actual game ball and you will find it really is that much easier to throw at a high speed and with accuracy.
- The set has three balls with progressively heavy weights including 10 ounce, 11 ounce and 12 ounce balls
- Includes a training program that ensures you make the most of these weighted balls
- Easy monitoring of the pitch rotation thanks to its stripe pattern
- Made with durable materials including raised seams that will stand the test of time
Progress through the weights of these weighted balls and it won’t take long to enhance your velocity and arm strength. This is exactly what you or your child need to fully develop your baseball or softball skill set as a pitcher or fielder.
Hitting a baseball or softball is one of the hardest feats in sports. If you don’t have the best possible drive through the hitting zone and considerable strength, you will struggle to make solid contact that gets you on base. Enter the Total Control Sports Baseball.
- 2.9” diameter
- A precisely weighted design
- Silica filler-free construction
The Total Control Sports Baseball is used by both baseball and softball players for front toss and side toss. These practice balls are made right here in the United States so you can feel even better about buying them. Be patient with the Total Control, give the balls at least a few weeks and you will agree they make a meaningful impact on your strength and ultimately, your performance on the diamond.
It is often said a craftsman is only as good as his tools. The same can be said for baseball and softball players. Pick up the ProNine Heavy Weighed Training Balls and you won’t have any excuses if you don’t perform up to your expectations on the diamond. This weighted ball sets the stage for you to increase your strength and thrive on the diamond.
- 10 ounce weight to help boost arm strength
- Can be used by players at every position
- Leather cover is uber-durable
- The rubber and cork used at the center of the ball as weighted just right to enhance arm strength
Whether you are a pitcher, an infielder, an outfielder, a catcher or play another position on the diamond, you will sing the praises of this weighted ball. The ball improves arm strength, helping players pitch and throw that much harder and faster. The best part is the ProNine training balls are constructed with durable materials that stand the test of time. Grab a couple of these balls, start practicing in your backyard or a nearby park and your arm strength will increase in as little as a week or two.
SKLZ developed its contact ball to instantaneously reveal whether a hitter’s contact is solid. In other words, this training tool helps baseball players improve their follow-through, enhance contact and swing with more force.
- Available in multiple weights including 15 ounces and 20 ounces
- Works best with training bat
- Built to prove useful years into the future thanks to its durable materials
- Instantaneously shows when solid contact is made
- Makes it that much easier to develop a stronger swing
Aside from weighted baseballs, SKLZ also provides a slew of other sports-related items so the company is worthy of your respect and trust. Check out the reviews of the company’s weighted training baseball and you will find the majority of the buyers are more than happy with the results.
Do you have a son or a daughter who wants to improve arm strength for a better performance on the diamond? Maybe the little pitcher in your life complains of arm soreness, a lack of flexibility or fatigue. If you hear such complaints, these 11 ounce weighted balls might be the answer.
- Boosts arm strength and flexibility so you can pitch faster, harder and longer
- Incorporate these balls into your pre-game and post-game training routines to reduce injury
- Compatible with throwing programs of all different types
Precision Impact Baseball Weighted Balls facilitate rapid recovery, boost blood flow to the throwing shoulder, improve endurance and ultimately enhance arm strength that much more. These weighted balls are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There is no risk yet plenty to gain by choosing the Precision Impact Baseball Weighted Balls.
These weighted training balls help players improve their mechanics in the context of pitching and throwing. The balls also enhance arm speed to boot. These progression weighted balls are held in high regard by both pitchers and fielders. Whether you want to add strength to your arm or warm up your arm for game action, these weighted balls will get the job done. Rukket makes all of its own practice ball molds and buys the raw materials used for its products directly from suppliers. The attention to detail put into these weighted balls is second to none.
- Progressive training in which players begin by warming up with lightweight balls and progress to heavier balls
- Develops muscle memory for in-game situations
- Three different ball weights makes it that much easier to improve your throwing power and accuracy
Choose this weighted baseball and you will be reassured by its 100% lifetime warranty and satisfaction guarantee. The balls are backed by this warranty as well as customer service provided from friendly employees based right here in the United States, ultimately reducing any potential risk there is in purchasing these balls. Rukket also provides a free training app for those who purchase its weighted training balls.
Weighted Baseball Buying Guide
Understanding the Quality of a Weighted Baseball or Softball
The weighted baseballs or softballs you find on the market might differ quite significantly in terms of quality. If you don’t do your research, you will end up wasting your money on low-quality weighted softballs or baseballs. Above, all, square your attention on the weighted softball brands that have a solid reputation. Check out what consumers are saying about the weighted softball or baseball you have in mind and make your decision accordingly. If the balls look cheap, feel cheap or if there are references to low-quality materials throughout the reviews, strike them off your list. Overall, make sure they are of good quality, which brings us to our next point!
What is the Best Material for a Weighted Baseball / Softball
Leather baseballs and softballs are made with leather, rubber, PVC and other materials. Some weighted baseballs and softballs contain a combination of materials. Keep in mind, the balls you select will inevitably land on hard surfaces so they need to be made with top-notch materials. Weighted softballs or baseballs of low-quality will suffer tears that much faster.
The last thing you need is for your weighted softballs or baseballs to suffer tears. Read through the reviews of the weighted softballs and baseballs you have in mind, zero in on the comments pertaining to the material used to make the balls and shape your decision with that information in mind.
In terms of material quality, real leather is better than synthetic leather. Check the small print to see if the weighted baseball or softball you are considering is made with authentic materials. Weighted baseballs and softballs that are made with cork rubber and wound with high-quality leather will stand the test of time.
Weight of a Weighted Baseball? Yeah, it Matters! (Duh)
From 10 ounces to 16 ounces, 20 ounces and beyond, there is a wide spectrum of weights for weighted baseballs and softballs. Consider the overarching aim of using the weighted ball when selecting it. Choose weighted balls with just the right amount of weight and they will help you bolster your strength, muscle memory and hand eye coordination. Keep in mind, you can always progress to a heavier practice ball as time progresses.
When in doubt, opt for lighter weighted baseballs and softballs, especially if you have a young player in your family. Younger players and those of lower skill levels will find lighter weighted balls are that much easier to control. Keep in mind, you can always progress to a heavier practice ball as time progresses. A couple examples of light weighted balls include Rukket Weighted Training Baseballs and PowerNet 2.8″ Weighted Hitting Balls.
How to Properly Use Your Weighted Baseball or Softball
There are weighted softballs and weighted baseballs. If you are looking to correct mistakes and weaknesses such as your lack of power, failing to follow through or decelerating when nearing the point of impact, you should carefully select your weighted baseballs. Others will buy weighted balls to practice with prior to the first pitch. Above all, it is important to consider the age, experience and skill level of the players who will use the weighted ball. Opt for lighter balls for your baseball and softball players. If the players are older, they can use weighted balls with that much more weight.
Design and Color
Check out the weighted softballs and baseballs on the market and you will quickly find there are all sorts of colorful options. Some have unique designs in addition to a distinct color. If you plan on playing at, near or after dusk, choose a ball with a light or bright hue so you can see it that much more easily as the sun sets.
The moral of the story is to carefully consider the many different weighted softball options on the market prior to deciding. Consider the color, weight, design and other factors before moving forward with a specific weighted ball. Choose wisely and your new weighted balls will bring out the best in your game.